Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chapter Thirty Nine: Short-Changed


Thank you so much for your patience while I was away, I am back home safe and sound and will resume regular posting :)
Kiwi xx





Devon stood facing the wall of windows in Jon’s room that looked out into the city. The view as always, nothing short of breath-taking and a little like the way Jon made her feel inside. So much vast opportunity and height stretched out for miles in front of her. Like the song went from this vantage point, it really was the land of hope and dreams and she was on the verge of living it all with Jon.

She was lighter but not completely free but she felt better coming clean with Jon about her family in the very least. He held family values so high and she was sure he'd never understand why she could have just walked out on them like she did and let them assume the worst. But it was because she had done the worst.

“You know, I was thinking...” Jon interrupted her thoughts and stepped into the room with a towel slung low around his waist. And one ruffled on his head. Her gaze dropped down over the taunt muscles that bled into the defined v below his hips.

“This sounds dangerous.” She commented as her gaze moved back up to his. He dried his hair roughly and something fluttered inside her belly as she took in his lean body.

“Well, I didn’t get to have my wicked way with you in that dress. How about I take you out tonight, somewhere low key?”

She pursed her lips and nodded. “You don’t have to do that but sure.” The romance had all happened so quickly and on one hand she wanted a night or two away from him to gather her thoughts but on the other she didn’t want to get off this merry-go-round of passion and fun.

“I know just the place.”

“Oh? Spill.”

He grinned and tossed the towel he’d used on his hair aside. “Nope. Now, where was I?” He stepped towards her and she took one step back into the corner of the room. The scent of ocean and soap hovered over her as he lifted his arms above her and propped himself up against the wall. His eyes were on hers as he inched forward and his lips barely moments from hers.

Her heart crashed and her eyelashes fluttered as he leaned in and his lips brushed across hers with no more than a graze. He curled a strand of her hair loosely around his finger as their lips touched. The kiss was slow and lingered like a lazy hot summer’s night. His thumb tilted her chin up and the kiss went deep and the heat spread to the tips of her toes.

Devon was a woman of routine and control and the fact that she was here at six in the morning instead of being at her job meant the tides were changing. She wanted to be here, she wanted a tumble in the sheets before running off to her day job.

God, she was a hussy.

“What are you grinning at?” His breath was hot against her cheek as his lips found the sweet spot just below her ear.

“I was just-god...thinking.” Her cheeks flushed. Thinking was anything but impossible when this man’s mouth was concerned.

His mouth dipped down to her clavicle. “Don’t think. It’s over-rated.” His breath was hot and short. His hand dropped from above her and his knuckles danced down her neck and over her shoulder. “You’re wearing too many clothes for a start. That’s the only thing you should be thinking about.”

She giggled as he walked her back into the bed and tumbled her down onto it. He crawled up over her and his hands dragged up cotton. She shuddered as the tips of his fingers traced over her navel and up over her ribs. The pad of his thumb ran across the scalloped edge of her bra sending little currents of electricity over her skin.

“You know...” He stopped and propped himself up above her and his eyebrow arched. The corners of his mouth twitched. She knew that look, it was the look that meant she was dancing with the devil tonight.

“What? What did I do now?” She asked innocently.

“I seem to recall a wrist-tying incident.” His eyes honed in on hers. “Yes?”

“I’m not sure what you speak of.” She bit her lip and put on her best puppy dog eyes.

“Oh please. I have a teenaged daughter. That doesn’t work for me.”

“Well, what of this alleged-wrist tying incident then?” She figured it would come back and bite her since he ended up with battle scars. She should have known better since she did his skin consult in the first place and that he had very sensitive skin. Dammit.

“I think we need to even the score.”

“Oh no you don’t. I haven’t got all morning to play games mister. I have a business to run.” She wagged her finger at him and pressed it on the tip of his nose.

She yelped as he snatched her hand and cupped her wrist. “I’d like to see you stop me.”

She wriggled but he pinned himself on top of her, his strength outweighing hers easily. Damn freaking fit-freak that he was.

“Jon, I’m serious.” But she failed to keep the corners of her mouth curling as they play wrestled and he overpowered her easily.

They dissolved in giggles until his hand slid down over her belly, into her jeans and his fingers slid inside her panties.

“Oh god.” She groaned as she tipped her head back and his mouth found the base of her neck.

“How many times have I told you, you can’t win baby.” The pad of his thumb circled her clit sending fireworks sparking through her veins.

She saw her chance as he shifted his weight so she rolled him flat onto his back. “Ha!” She grinned victoriously as she straddled him quickly and locked her knees on his hips.

His eyes widened and then he laughed. “Oh, you’re forgetting one thing Devon.” His finger curled inside her and she groaned.

“I’m still inside you.” The smooth whisper of his voice burned through her like a decadent liqueur.

“God.” She bucked her hips against the friction of his hand craving more of the delicious feeling that was spreading inside her. She peeled off her top and bra and smoothed her hands up over his chest, her thumbs rolling over his nipples.

He grabbed for her wrist but she swatted his hand away and held her hands up. “Uh uh.”

Jon growled and his finger flexed inside her and she wavered for a moment as the pleasure rolled through her. The tell-tale bump of his cock pressed against her jeans as she rocked against his hand. He still was inside her but she had the control of how much she moved.

His head sank back into the pillow and his gaze roamed up her body as she bit down on her lip and tipped her head back. He loved to watch and she knew it. It would be killing him just as much to see her getting off on top of him as it would be if his cock was inside her. She cupped her breast and her hair swung forward as the she stoked the orgasm inside of her.

His finger dug into her hip and she whimpered as it punched through her. “God, yes!” Sweat trickled down her cheek and her breath was shallow. Her skin buzzed and his hand flooded with her juices as she rode through it with liberation.

She milked each drop of pleasure before she leaned down and pressed her body against his. Her tongue traced the bottom of his lip as she wiggled her ass against his cock.

He gripped her ass and squeezed it. “Keep doing that and I’ll cum right here.”

“That would be a waste now, wouldn’t it?” Her tongue ran across the bottom of his teeth and she grinned wickedly.

“You’re killing me woman.”

The dulcet tone of Chris Daughtry blared out from her phone that was tucked in the back pocket of her jeans. She went to reach for it but his hand covered hers over the ass-pocket.

“Daughtry, really?” He teased.

“Jealous are we?” The ringtone stopped but she wondered who the hell was calling her so early? It had to be work but it had gone.

“I might be. I know what would make me feel better though.” His voice was a low purr and his eyebrows wiggled. “You need to get out of those jeans for it though.”

“Do I just?” Her finger tips slid through the downy hair on his chest and she wriggled forward. Playing the seductive vixon with him was always fun.

The phone rang again and this time she leaned back and slid it out of her pocket before he could stop her. It was Jonathan.

“No, ignore it.” He growled.

“It’s Jonathan. He wouldn’t call me unless it was important he knew I was coming to see you.”

“Put it away, you know you want to.” His hand cupped her breast and his thumb teased the tip of her nipple. “Do it.” He commanded.

“I can’t.” She giggled and hit answer.

“Dammit.” He muttered below her.

“Jonathan?”

“Devon, gawd, hi. Sorry to call you but you need to come down here and quick.”

She sat up straighter after she heard the panic in his voice. “What? Why? What’s happened?”

“We’re flat busy baby! There are mobs of people in here.”

“What? Why- Oh.” The press. Dammit, she should have thought about that. She may have gone out for an innocent dinner with Jon but she may have well have put a full page advert in the New York Times for her clinic. “Shit.” She stepped off the bed snatching her bra and top off the floor. “I’ll be there shortly.”

“What’s wrong?” Jon asked propping his hands behind his head.

“My salon is mobbed. Seems they figured out from the press pictures last night who I was.”

“Aw crap. Sorry babes. I didn’t think it would be that quick.”

She hooked her bra and twisted it around before pulling on her top. “It’s ok; least I’m going to be busy right?” She laughed nervously. That would be the truth but she suspected people would be there just to find out exactly what the deal was with her and Mr Bongiovi. And although she’d accepted that was eventually going to happen it was more unwanted attention.

“Just be careful. You’ll get paps in there.”

She shrugged into her cardigan. “Not if I have anything to do with it. Anyone is welcome but if they disturb the peace and serenity I have created for that place they’ll be in trouble.”

“God, I love when you get all stroppy.”

“I mean it. I have a business to run and I don’t care if I’m dating Bono. They need to back off.”

Jon frowned. “Bono? C’mon I’m better than Bono.”

She folded her arms and grinned. “He has cooler glasses than you.”

“If you want I can introduce you, let you two be alone. Or even Chris Daughtry.” Jon scoffed.

“You’re cute when you’re jealous.” She sighed as she watched him lying in his towel on the bed all crumpled and delicious.

“Sorry we couldn’t-you know finish this.”

He smirked. “Well I’m loaded you could just rub-” His face fell flat when she picked up her purse. “Fine. Don’t care about my orgasm, just go.” He folded his arms and she couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’m so sorry. I can’t leave him to deal with this. Especially since I created it. You know that. I’ll make it up to you.”

He sighed exasperated. “Damn right you will. Ring me if you need me.” He mumbled.

She leaned over and kissed him quickly. “Hey, least it’ll be a quick shower then won’t it?” She grinned and then left him but not before a pillow flew past her on the way out the door.

It was time to go and do damage control.

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo they're BACK!! And that was a HOT way to start my day!! Welcome back Kiwi - we missed you LOTS! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Welcome back! Great "come back" chapter!

      Delete
  2. Welcome Home Kiwi! Good think I didn't read that at work.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back! I missed Jon and Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Finally Devon and Jon are back!!!!

    Kiwi, I missed you and I'm so glad you got home safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, poor Jon.

    Love jealous Jon too.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, nice to have them back!! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys! :)
    I am back and it's good to be back in routine (well kinda LOL)
    More should come this weekend since I made you wait so long.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwi,

    You OWE us Big Time!!! LOL

    Have A Great/Rockin Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kiwi?.............just wanted to remind you - it's the WEEKEND!!! :))

    ReplyDelete

Will you share her secret?