Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chapter Nineteen: Playing with Fire




Devon didn't want to leave him sleeping as he had looked so cute wrapped around the pillow he'd replaced her with as she'd rolled out of bed. She was opening the salon this morning and she had exactly three minutes to get there let alone actually have a shower and get dressed properly. God. She'd been far too busy buried under a pile of sheets softer than butter-cream icing with a man that was just as delicious as said icing.

The night had been unbelievable and she really couldn't quite believe she'd thrown herself at him at the very start of the night. Her neck burned as the elevator popped open in the foyer of his apartment and still dressed in her coat with heels she did the walk of shame past Ralph the doorman. God only knows what he must have thought - not forgetting the state of her hair. She knew exactly how she got this way and it was that man's lethal mouth doing such-god, decadent things. A tingle chased up her spine at the memory as she managed a small smile as Ralph tipped his hat towards her.

The blast of cool air as she walked outside was like a slap in the face. The weather had turned nasty as bunches of dark grey clouds rolled in. She clutched her purse and made her way down to her clinic and took the back entrance up to her apartment. She was dying for a shower as she felt like she'd ran a bloody big marathon and not had time to wash it off but she had no time. She was going to have to sneak out for a shower when Jonathan turned up to relieve her.

Why didn't she set an alarm like normal people did? She scraped her hangers in her closet for a skirt and shirt before hastily throwing them on.

Because you were too busy shagging a rock-star.



She needed to flat iron her hair and she could probably get away with doing that as she opened up the salon. She nabbed an apron, her keys and her work purse and jogged down the stairs.

"Good morning sunshine, running a wee bit late are we?" Jonathan stood at the internal entrance to the shop as he unbuttoned his coat and unthreaded the scarf around his neck.

"Jonathan! What are you doing here so early?"

Her heart beat banged in her chest. She breathed in as any more of that tone and he was going to think something was up.

"Well I was hoping you'd put a bit of colour through my hair while you open up. I'll make the lattes and you get set up."

"Sure, sure I can do that." Dammit. Ok stay calm. Her heels clicked against the polished floors and she froze. Shit. She was still wearing her heels from last night and she never wore racy shoes in her salon. Crap on it all. She glanced at the mirror as they flicked on the lights, her hair was a mess. She may as well have had a sign plastered to her forehead that read, 'a good time enjoyed by all’. Fuck.

"Um..." Jonathan cranked the coffee machine into life as she stood in front of the counter. "Nice hair Dev. Sleep in huh?"

"Alright I had sex! Are you happy now?"

Jonathan snorted and patted the counter. "It wasn't an inquisition honey but now you're gonna have to spill the details. Nice shoes by the way. Is that going to be a new uniform code for all the girls? Because if so, I approve!"

Her cheeks flushed. "I was in such a rush to get here from his place. I forgot about the shoes. I haven't showered and I feel disgusting. I feel so outta control."

Jonathan's eyebrows waggled. "Well you'll be sweaty and..."

She held up her hand. "Don't go there. I know. God Jonathan. This man is making me a mess." She collapsed on a stool defeated.

Jonathan balanced a perfectly formed latte in front of her and then went about making his own. "Oh I need to hear this. Listen, we'll forget about my hair until the end of the day and that way after you tell me the gossip you can go back up and have a long shower and get properly dressed. Your first appointment isn't until nine-thirty."

She sighed and took in the sweet aroma of caramel in her latte. "You are far too good to me Jonathan."

He turned and his green eyes gleamed. "No I just want to hear the story morning glory.”

She picked up the spoon and swirled the foam around in her cup. "I made an idiot out of myself." She chuckled and licked the foam off the tip. "But it paid off. In ways I couldn't imagine possible."

"Oh this is going to be good isn't it?"

"When I went there for lunch yesterday and it was lovely, things got heated and I freaked out and left."

"Aw honey, why did you freak out?"

She covered her eyes and evened out her breathing. "Because I didn't know if I wanted to take that step with him. I'm still so confused but last night I just thought dammit and dolled myself up in only lingerie, heels and just my coat, then I threw myself at him."

"You did huh? Obviously that worked out well since you look like a ravaged sex kitten this morning."

"Oh hush. Well it did but not at first. We kissed and things started to heat up in the foyer of his home until his band mates were there for dinner and came out to see the side show.”

Jonathan burst out laughing and smacked the counter with his hand. "Oh no, Oh man!"

"Thanks for the sympathy Jono."

"And they knew what you were there for...I mean hell...you were dressed..."

"Yes yes. They knew perfectly well what I was there for. Richie offered to take my coat and obviously I couldn’t let him so yeah, it was a barrel of laughs." She took a sip of her latte and thanked the coffee gods as it centred her a little more.

"Oh god. Devon. That’s hilarious, poor you. I assume once they all left though it was all on then?" God Bless Jonathan. He was a friend to her in more ways that he ever would know and she was so lucky to have him as her rock.

For the first time she smirked and raised her eyebrow. "Oh yeah. There was sex."

"I could tell even before you said it. You've got the glow."

"Oh god, stop it Jonathan. However, it was delicious and he's a different guy when he's relaxed."

"Do tell."

She shrugged. "He just is, its hard to explain but it’s in a good way." Maybe she was reading into it a little more than she should have but she was a romantic soul deep down so it was hard not to. When she was with Jon intimately they'd had a bond. It was too soon to be talking about that sort of thing and she wasn't expecting it to emulate into anything but the same intensity he'd put into her chasing her was equal to intimacy between them. She definitely wanted more but the warning bells in her head told her to not jump too fast and too deep on this one. She still had to keep her wits about herself and protect what she was.

She smiled into her latte. When would she see him again she wondered. If by magic the doors clicked open behind her and Jon stepped into her clinic. He'd showered, his hair was wet and spiked and he immediately smiled widely as she turned to meet his gaze. "Hey. Hi Jonathan." The long dark grey woollen coat gave him some height over his dark jeans and boots.

"It's the man of the hour." Jonathan teased as he picked up a fresh cup. "Coffee Jon?"

"That'd be great to go. I can't stay long but I just wanted to drop this off."

He held out her phone.

Good one Devon.



"Oh god. Sorry I woke up with minutes to spare to unlock the salon so I had to rush. Thank you as I would have been lost without this." She tucked her iPhone in her pocket and the smell of ocean breeze intoxicated her as her hovered close. He tipped her chin and laid a sweet short kiss on her lips.

"I figured. I bring good news and bad news."

"Oh?" She asked as Jonathan steamed Jon's coffee.

"The good news is that I'm taking you out to dinner tonight." He lowered his voice. “And then you're staying over and we're sleeping in this time since tomorrow is Saturday."

Her heart skipped a beat. The Friday night mecca of New York City nightlife could be overwhelming if not a little dangerous for her so she thought quickly. "Sounds lovely but can we eat in?" Her fingers teased the lapel of his coat. "More time at your place has to be a plus, right?" Her eyelashes fluttered as she crossed her legs revealing one red shoe at the end of her lean leg.

"Oh dear god. Any preference to the food?"

"Maybe something I can eat off you?" She whispered. Jon had released something inside her she hadn't felt in a long time.

"Sweet fuck." He muttered as her fingernail traced over his bottom lip. He was on her turf now so she’d make sure she kept this in her control, just this once.

"Coffee's up. Don't mind me kids." Jonathan said as he slinked away to the reception desk.

"I really have to get to work. What's the bad news?" She asked reluctant to break the moment.

"Bad news? Oh-right. My mother left me a message about those packages. She's going to book some in the next day or so you're going to have to be ready for her with the cost. So bring it all over tonight and we can do that in-between the-eating." He swallowed hard as she licked her lips. "You are full of surprises Devon Scott."

"Good for you that I'm also full of orgasms evidently."

He chuckled. "I knew you'd get cocky once we hit the bed. Bring it on. I'll always slay you no matter what."

She cocked her brow. Whatever they had between them had shifted and started to unlock something inside of her. "We'll see about that." She turned to make sure Jonathan was out of ear-shot. "I haven't even put my mouth on your cock yet." Her hand slid down his chest to his belly.

He cupped her wrist and growled. "If he wasn't here right now, I'd slam you against the wall and drive three orgasms out of you."

God how could she still even be turned on with the amount of sex they had last night? This was insane. "He doesn't usually open on Fridays. Maybe one day you should." They kissed again this time sealing it with the promise of fireworks in the future.

"Don't make me go and face my day." He groaned as he reached past her and picked up his coffee.

"Harden up rock star. Maybe I'll bring my oils around tonight. How's your back?"

He winced. "Not that great after last night but I have another session on Monday with Antonio."

"Good. Take it easy and I'll see you tonight and I'll bring the business proposal."

"Use me for my brains and then my body. Sounds pretty good to me."

"You got it." One last kiss and he headed back out the door.

She finished her latte and popped off the seat to find Jonathan. "I'll head back upstairs I won't be long. Thanks again." She pecked him on the cheek and as she walked away he tapped her arm.

"Yeah?"

He crossed his arms and nodded. "Maybe you should have taken him up with you."

She laughed and grinned broadly. "Maybe. But I need to work."

“Whatever he's doing to you tell him to keep it up. I've never seen you so happy."

He was right. She could walk on air at this very moment. Some of it was denial that this could actually work out for good but the rest was absolute bliss. Things were happening with work and things were happening with Jon. It was a good day.

11 comments:

  1. If they keep going she'll be lucky to walk at all by Monday! LMAO!

    Make the oils flavoured and really have some fun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon is certainly becoming more daring with him - I like this side of her! And what an evening to look forward to - bring on the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought she'd run a mile after this but I'm so pleased she's warming to him. They could be really fun!

    Full of orgasms made me laugh. Brilliant line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha loving the playful banter between these two :) ....."I'd slam you against the wall and drive three orgasms out of you."... ummm HELLLL wouldnt we all like that!? ;) lol. SO SWEET OF YOU TWO SPOIL YOUR READERS AND SURPRISE US WITH A NEW CHAPTER! THANK YOUUU!! :) Now.... how fast can you get chapter 20 done???? ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Devon! Take it to him, getting bolder and braver too. Awesome stuff that we got another chapter. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm just gonna ditto everything Kelli said! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, it is a good day! Can't wait for the evening!! Another great chapter and thanks for writing it so quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah
    THey are going to tease each other within an inch of sanity. Looks like it's going to be a helluva lot of fun. ;)
    Such a pushy guy about helping out isn't he?

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent sat down and actually read in ages... this is getting really... really... really.... ****THUD*****

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another great chapter!
    I love these 2 together. :)

    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the banter between Jonathan and Devon:

    Um..." Jonathan cranked the coffee machine into life as she stood in front of the counter. "Nice hair Dev. Sleep in huh?"

    "Alright I had sex! Are you happy now?"

    I love Devon she is letting her hair down and having fun!!!!

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Will you share her secret?